Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Midnight Madness

A cell picture of the boquet toss


So I went to Barnes & Noble at 10 pm on Friday night for Stephenie Meyer's new book, "Breaking Dawn". It was insane! Hundreds of people packed in tightly, many dressed in formal wear. (I wonder how many thousands showed up at different stores to buy the book that night?) The theme was a wedding. There was a werewolf scavenger hunt, a Bridesmaid dress competition, and a bouquet toss at 11:45. Prizes went out for all of those. I was way under dressed, but totally enjoyed sipping hot chocolate and conversation with the company I came with. When it was time to actually buy the book... I left! There were people screaming "Give me the book!" and pushing their way to the front. I felt that being preggers I was likely to get trampled and/or end up deaf. On my way out I ran into our primary president who was braving the crowd anyways to buy the book, scheduled to have her C-Section this Thursday. I laughed, she's tougher than me! I made my way over to Walmart right away where I still had to wait in a long line to get the book, but it went way faster, people there were totally chill, more my age, and dressed comfortably, plus I ran into an old friend. I'm glad I was there to see the hype build, glad to leave, excited to get the book and have it read by the end of the weekend. It was the best book of the 4 in the series. And contrary to what a friend has recently said...it is not "Crack for Mormon Housewives!"

3 comments:

Scanlon Family said...

You're going to need all the girly girl Seery has with two boys. She's very cute in that pic. I'm impressed you fought with the crowd-especially with you being preggers as you say. By the way, do you want to go to Logan for the Mount Sterling Stampede (sometime over labor day weekend?) It's a rodeo for little kids to participate in-very fun. I dropped Amanda a line too and maybe we can all catch up. Lemme know.

motivated said...

I'm happy to report I *finally* finished all 3 books! I should blog about it. :) Barnes & Noble sounds like it was exciting!

Tiercy said...

I would call it "brain candy". (someone else came up with that term.) I have read it alread in a day and a half. It was pure entertainment. I loved it too!