The number 30 steadily approaches for me this year. I have noticed that as time has marched on, it has begun to do so across my face. What's a woman to do? Call an A
esthetician! I booked a Signature Facial for myself just weeks ago. I have had facials before, but they were just cleansing, masking, and generally relaxing.
This facial was supposed to actually do something, like perhaps take a few years off my face. I had no idea what I was in for... To begin she performed
microdermabrasion. I had never had that before, I thought it went fine. After the dead skin was taken off it was time for a
glycolic and lactic acid peel. This is supposedly a mild peel. She said I should feel "warmth". Well it felt like my face was on fire. So much for my massage while it was supposed to be penetrating my skin. She watched me and after a few minutes she could see the burn I felt. I went to wash my face off at the sink. She continued with the face mask, cleansing, and
moisturizing, etc. About 2 hours later I was done. I looked in the mirror. I looked sunburned and you could see the lines of the
microdermabrasion. Apparently all normal. Not to worry, just stay out of the sun and don't work out that day. By the next day I looked hideous! My entire face was completely scabbed over. The expensive products I purchased, at a staggering price, did nothing to alleviate the pain or improve the look of my skin. By that evening I called the woman on her cell. She said I should put
Neosporin all over my face for a week. She was excited that my, "controlled wound", as she referred to my face was scabbing. "You'll get better results!" However, with this "mild" peel, my results had only happened 2 other times in her 10 years of experience. I'm thinking...that can't be good. I called a friend who works for a dermatologist she said to add some
Aquaphor to my face along with the
Neosoprin. Did you know that stuff, especially combined, never absorbs? All that week I walked around looking like a freak. Head down, hair pulled forward. I went to the dermatologist, days later, who said those 2 treatments,
microdermabrasion and a chemical peel, should never be performed in one visit on someone like me. Well, I didn't know that! So after all was said and done the final results are in: I am out hundreds of dollars, no permanent scarring, and I think 1 wrinkle on my forehead looks less deep.....
3 comments:
What a nightmare...
I feel your pain! 31 is slowly creeping up on me and I'm noticing more wrinkles, sags and just feeling old all around! If its any consolation, you still looked as fantastic as ever when I saw you at Christmas time! Hope your feeling better!
Oh that is an awful experience! And to be out tons of money because of it is even worse. At least it was fixable. Hope the next one goes better.
Oh honey, I am so sorry. Really, that sucks. You really shouldn't worry about it, you look so glamorous all the time anyway. I have heard micodermabrasions are nice though.
Post a Comment