Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The 10 Minute Rule








When times get tough, which they inevitably do for all of us at some point, I have a little rule I like to apply. When going through hardships you get 10 minutes a day to: worry, cry, obsess, fear, rehash problems, be angry, state the obvious, drink an extra large Diet Coke....WHATEVER you need to do to expel some anxiety and/or sadness. You can do this at any point during your day, when you have time alone for yourself. Set a timer if you must. But 10 minutes is ALL you get. After your time is up that's it. You MUST pick yourself up and pull it together and get things done. Your problems can't define you unless you let them. Trials are just a part of your journey in this life. So hold on and enjoy....we don't get a "do over" for today.

1 comment:

*A* said...

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing, I need to apply this starting today!