Tuesday, March 23, 2010

These are the Moments....

The other day I suddenly noticed that my house was awfully quiet. Which, as any mother knows, can be a wonderful thing and a bad thing, depending on the day. I stopped what I was doing and went to see what Aidan and Seery were up to. Liam was taking a nap. I went upstairs and that's when I heard it. One of the most beautiful sounds a mother can hear, coming from Seery's bedroom. I tiptoed around the corner and peeked into her room. There I saw one of the most precious sights I have ever seen which matched the delightful sound I had been hearing. Aidan reading to Seery, Mary Engelbreit's "Mother Goose Rhymes". My heart just melted right then and there. A big brother taking the time to read to his little sister. And I knew. This is why I do what I do. I never want to miss a moment like this. These are the moments I live for. These are the memories that make my life wonderful.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

AWSOME!!!

Anonymous said...

How precious! Oh, if they could stay that way forever.

easleyfamily said...

So sweet! Your kids are getting so big...we should get together and play this summer!!!