Every child has something that they're attached to, carry around, and love. They each have that one object to which they bestow their affection only as a child can. I never want to forget what their objects are.
Aidan loves his teddy bear, aptly named "Teddy". He has had Teddy since he was about 2 when family friend, "Grandma" Carol, came to visit with this gift in hand. Teddy has gone to Preschool with Aidan for "Polar Express" Days, and to Kindergarten for a teddy bear picnic. For the longest time Aidan has slept with Teddy, although those days are probably coming to an end the older he becomes...
Seery loves her Winnie the Pooh, simply called "Pooh Bear". Her Uncle Patrick brought Pooh Bear back for her from one of his Disneyland trips when she was 2. Pooh Bear has accompanied Seery into surgery 3 times at Primary Children's Medical Center. I think they will always have a special bond going through those tough recovery days post-surgery. Seery will dress Pooh Bear up and has a permanent spot in her bed.
Liam loves his green blanket, called "Blankie" of course. In March 2009 our family stayed downtown in Salt Lake City at the Marriott for a night just for fun, compliments of Verizon. Since he was a baby they set up a crib in our room, gave him Johnson & Johnson baby toiletries, and as an extra gift gave him this soft green blanket. For whatever reason from that first day that blanket has been his one object he cannot live without. He sleeps with blankie every night. He carries blankie around with him every morning. And when he needs that extra comfort blankie is bundled up in his arms.
... And of course, those three wide eyed children are the people to whom I bestow my affection.
3 comments:
So cute! I love these objects that help them self soothe too. so cute and I love your last line.
Holy grown up Liam! Where did your baby go????
Such darling kiddos.
These are simply precious photos. I love watching kids cling to safety blankets or plush animals.
(P.s. I made our blog private. Send me your e-mail on FB and I'll send you an invite.)
Post a Comment