Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Made My Day

I have been trying to catch up on all the cleaning, laundry, and organizing this house needs. And if you know how much time we have been spending in hospitals and doctor's offices these past few months you can probably imagine what an undertaking this is at the moment. So lately I have felt overwhelmed, to say the least. I felt like I was going to cry while vacuuming one day. I began taking cushions off the couch and chairs to vacuum those too. Under a chair cushion I found this drawing by Aidan of Buzz Lightyear and Woody. Seeing this picture just made me smile. And just like that my day was a little brighter. It doesn't take much to bring happiness. If there is one thing I have learned through these difficult times it is to stop and enjoy the smallest of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For Aiden's age, that is actually a very good rendering on Woody and Buzz. You have a little artist at your house...keep that talent going!