Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Angel in the Night!

So I have been busy cleaning, organizing, doing laundry, etc. to get ready for my in-laws to come visit for a few days. I am the type of person who cannot stop once I start something. It's a sickness really. So still in a frenzy late at night, I thought I will take the trash out at 11:00 pm because it simply can't wait until the morning. Well I forgot to unlock the door leading into the garage and found myself locked out! With no shoes I might I add. Of course the front door was locked and dead bolted. Of course every window was locked. Of course the sliding door was locked, not that it mattered since the gate was padlocked anyway. And it's not like I could have thrown a rock at Aidan's window to wake him up because he knows not to answer the door. And the snow flurries began to roll in. David works extra late on Tuesday nights and gets home close to 1:00 am. All three kids were sleeping inside. What's a girl to do? In a panic I walked up and down our street, every house had turned out their lights! Apparently no one stays up late. Panic continued to rise. I was freezing. I tried to pick the lock but nothing in the tool bag was the right size. I said a silent prayer and immediately my next door neighbor walked out of her house to take out the trash! Thank goodness we are in sync with the same household chores! I ran to her and asked if she could pick a lock. She went home to grab credit cards and a knife. I tried. She tried. Nothing was working. After 45 minutes she was ready to wake up her husband for help and gave it one last try. And voila it worked! We screamed out with surprise that it worked! So tonight I am so grateful for a neighbor who can pick locks with a little bit of luck. Now that's what we should learn at Enrichment...;)

6 comments:

Justinea said...

Hey surprise surprise you did a POST! Hey too bad you dont live closer to me you could have come to my house.

*A* said...

Man, that sounds like a close call! I'm glad you got back into your house!! Did I mention I'm glad you're blogging again??!!

Gentrey said...

Hey! I was awake and Mike is very good at picking locks. Even if you thought we were asleep, we wouldn't have cared if you had come over for help. Glad it all worked out.

Scanlon Family said...

You are too funny! I'm glad that I'm not the only one with cleaning sickness when guest come a callin'. So, I'm sure your baby looks like a giant since the last time I saw him. Kids just grow too fast. My brother's wedding is soon, so too much family, but let's get together after and let the kids play.

easleyfamily said...

How scary! Glad you made it in and glad your bloggin again!

Tiercy said...

Ditto what Gentry said. We always turn out the lights because we have the mistaken impression that it helps our kids to go to sleep. Steve is a night owl and usually awake late. Even if he isn't, we are always willing to help a friend in need.