I think the Winter months in Utah are particularly hard. When it's too cold, icy, or it's snowing; you're often stuck indoors. So days will pass when I don't talk to anyone besides my kids and my husband. Sometimes by the end of the day when we get everything done and the kids in bed David and I are just so tired that we crash for the night.
I miss the days when we were newly married. We lived in apartment, easy and fast to clean. We didn't have to worry about home maintenance. I only did laundry once a week. We had 1 or 2 small children with no school schedules or extra curricular activities to keep track of. If you wanted to go to St. George in the middle of the week and David had vacation, we could totally be spontaneous and just get in the car and go. We had 1 cell phone that we didn't really use. We didn't text, we didn't Facebook, or Instagram. Truthfully, there was a time we didn't even have a computer, so we hardly emailed. To some degree life was easier.
I miss the simplicity of that special time. I felt present in the moments. I didn't worry as much. I actually talked to friends more. I was more carefree. I wouldn't change the course my life took. I am grateful for each of my children. I just wish that simplicity could have continued forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment