Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Alanis Morissette & Matchbox 20 Concert











Last Thursday, March 6, David and I went to the Alanis Morisette & Matchbox 20 concert. This was my Christmas present and we have been anticipating this event for a few months. We had a great time. It was so much fun! The concert was everything we hoped it would be and more, worth every penny. It was amazing to hear Alanis sing "Ironic" live after singing that song hundreds of times in the last 10 years. The last concert I saw was actually Matchbox 20 when I was at BYU. So it was cool to hear them again. This was David's first concert, ever. It was a 4 hour concert, including the opening band, Mute Math. We had fantastic seats which made the concert even more enjoyable. We were in the center of row 7, on the floor, so close to the stage! I can't believe how close we were to all of it. We could see every expression on their faces perfectly. As we walked all the way down to the front, an event employee checked our tickets and said, "You must have connections", and I smiled, thinking to myself, "No just a very resourceful husband". It was fabulous to be out for the night, as a couple, feeling as young as we actually are!

2 comments:

La Familia Mata said...

I saw Matchbox 20 in AZ and loved them. My one and only concert, ever. That bakery sounds yummy. I love Eva Cassidy too! I'm glad you guys had fun.

Tiercy said...

That is so much fun to be that close during a concert. How fun! What a great Christmas present.