Thursday, July 31, 2008

Long Locks are Long Gone




I have had really long hair again for a couple years now. I have always been blonde, but you know how some blondes get darker with age? Yeah. that's what happened with me, but because that is technically my natural color, I have done the upkeep. I wanted to have long hair again with the original plan to keep it that length until I was 30. However, with the partial bed rest that I'm on, extra doctor appointments, and extra money paying for a Perinatologist because this pregnancy is so high risk, I decided that the hair maintenance had to go. So I dyed my hair darker. I am now a light brunette. And then I thought who needs long hair getting tangled while patiently laying in bed for months? So I had 10 inches cut off my hair. Can't believe I did it. Definitely not used to it, even though it's been 2 weeks. I like it, it's just so different. And then about a week ago I took the kids to the kid salon, Cookie Cutters, and had Seery's hair cut short too. She has an A line shape, stacked in the back. She looks so cute! It totally fits her personality and it looks like she has a lot more thick hair. No more braids and pig tails for the moment. But she loves putting mousse in her hair after her bath and letting me blow it out. It's great being a girl... so many options.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love little girls with short hair styles--it is soooo cute. I have done Anna's in the A-line since she was two, but she has grown it for a year. I am begging her to let me do it for school. Maybe seeing Seery's will convince her.

Tiercy said...

I love your new "do". I think you look great either way.