Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Battle of Wills

Sadly, I think the "terrible 2's" have finally hit my sweet Seery. It's been about 2 weeks. She has become extremely picky about what she wants and very bossy to all who cross her path. It has taken me 2 hours every night to get her to stay in her bed and sleep. It is a complete nightmare getting her into her car seat if we are not going to a place that she likes. Lately she has become a drama queen who is not easily satisfied to the point of throwing some award winning temper tantrums that quite frankly embarrass me. And then all of a sudden she stops screaming and crying as quickly as she started and is once again fine. Oh, and time out does not deter her. This is new territory for me. Aidan was never like this. I could negotiate with him better, I could always calm him, and he did not carry on like this. Seery has always been such an adorably sweet child. I know this is a phase. I am just trying to keep my sanity and would love any advice from you moms who have successfully come out on the other side of the "terrible 2's"!

2 comments:

easleyfamily said...

Sounds like the estrogen has hit! My girls were both born with it, so you're lucky you've had 2 free years :) It doesn't get a whole lot easier. Sorry. I've pretty much stopped taking my kids with me anywhere because of the tantrums. Good luck, let me know if you figure anything out :)

Tiercy said...

oh boy, are we headed down the same path. Steve and i were just saying the other day that we think Laney is going to be our worst "terrible two" yet. I wonder if girls are generally harder than boys because of the emotions?