Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Dinner Out...Sans Dad

Tonight I took the kids out all by myself to a real restaurant, not a place with a play land. I have never done this before. I was a little worried, but it went great! Luckily we were seated at a booth that could fit 3 on either side so I sat on the outside, to ensure that they would be seated for the duration of the meal. They were seriously fabulous! They both ate their meals and we chatted the whole time. I was so proud.

On a side note--- I noticed this elderly couple seated in our area. I love seeing elderly couples out together. It's like a visual confirmation to me that some couples really do stay together forever in this crazy world. My favorite spotting though was in the fall last year. I was shopping at Costco, and as usual we had stopped for a hot dog lunch after we had checked out. I saw an elderly couple sitting together talking and laughing. When they got up to leave I noticed what was in their cart: 2 dozen beautiful roses and a box of Depends. Every time I remember that day I smile, laugh, and can't help but thinking... that is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

2 comments:

motivated said...

Awww, how cute! A dozen roses and a box of depends. :) THat's going to be us someday!

Ruth said...

That is so sweet! I also love to see older couples still in love and enjoying each other even if they have depends. It is fun to keep up with your family, cute pictures!