skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Cheating???
This past Saturday our power went out for a couple of hours. Being pregnant, I always feel hot. Not knowing how long it would take to repair I said that we should go out to dinner. So we all went to IHOP. Aidan and Seery love it there, it's the only restaurant that they will both remain seated for the duration of the meal and where they will both finish all the food on their plates. As we were sitting there I kept thinking about how the mall in Sandy has a Fetal Studio. Never heard of it? It's a place actually run by a doctor and ultrasound techs, where they obviously perform ultrasounds so you can connect with your little one. I was overcome with the temptation to go and see this baby, mainly because of past experiences I tend to worry that the baby really is alright. So David and the kids came with me. Once I mentioned it, David said, "Let's go!". They had chairs set up with 4 big screen televisions to watch. We were all transfixed. There on the screen was our little one. The heartbeat was strong at 158, and measured about 3 days ahead of the due date. Now before we had gone in we had wanted to be surprised at delivery as to the sex of out baby since we already have 1 boy and 1 girl. However as the lady scanned my belly there was no mistaking to anyone that our baby is a BOY!!! He was so cute. We all watched as he scratched his head, put both arms behind his head, crossed his legs, kicked, flipped around, and it looked like he was swallowing amniotic fluid. The tech printed out pictures for us and also put them on a CD. It was totally worth it, just for the peace of mind. I feel as though I cheated... having this ultrasound done, since I am due to have the real medical ultrasound done in the next three weeks (which of course I will still get). I have never done this before. I mean I love to surprised... I never peek at Christmas presents before the 25th. Somehow I feel silly for having "peeked" at this bundle of joy a few weeks earlier than the standard ultrasound. But in the end it was really fun, and I'm glad David and the kids were there to share the moment of what a perfect miracle this baby really is in our lives.
5 comments:
Congrats! So exciting!!! We always peek early. Its just too exciting to wait 9 LONG months to see your little person!
I had no idea you could do that, go to the mall and have an ultra sound! I'm so glad you're so relieved- I remember how stressed you were that it was going to take forever to find out if the baby was healthy or not. Yay!! I don't think it's cheating at all. :) And the peace of mind that you got- priceless. ;) You should be on a Mastercard commercial. :)
I love ultrasounds!! Congratulations on a little boy! Good luck coming up wiht another boy name.
wow! you've sure had a lot happen since last I was on. Your kids are so cute-I'm sure #3 is too . . . I'll let you know when I see him.
I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing.. then I remembered your blog! And so glad I did!! I love the u/s pics!! He is going to be sooo cute:) Hope you are feeling ok:)
Post a Comment