We leave tomorrow afternoon for vacation and as I was driving home late last night a thought hit me. Aidan is allergic to peanuts and soy. I thought... we are going to be on a plane for 3 hours potentially surrounded by peanuts in a confined space. So I called the airline and told them of his food allergies and was told that no peanuts will be served on our flight to anyone!!! They also notated on the records that we would be allowed to bring our own EpiPens just in case he does react since previous flights may have served peanuts. I was so relieved. I was wondering why they even serve peanuts at all these days because it is probably the most common food allergy. I thought I would put this info out there in case it applies to anyone else. All you have to do is call and they cannot serve food to anyone that includes those ingredients that cause allergic reactions!
2 comments:
That's awesome Elise! Will they probably serve pretzels? Or just nothing at all? It's getting to the point where they don't serve anything anyway, so, yeah.... (ironic that I just got free alcoholic drink coupons though, from the airlines, lol!) I hope you guys have fun!
Good luck and have lots of fun!
Post a Comment