Wednesday, November 26, 2014

When it Rains it Pours

When it rains it pours. So cliche, yet so true. I think it to myself all the time. Our dryer died in the middle of a load of kids' clothes on Saturday morning. To not have a dryer working in the winter when you have 5 kids is just a nightmare. Today our desktop computer died. The blue screen of death appeared and now I can't get anything to work on the computer after I restarted it. All of our pictures are on there, which is all I really care about. Of course I didn't back them up or print them. 2 drawers in our kitchen broke and one bathroom cabinet drawer in the kids bathroom broke too. Sometimes I look around my house at everything that is breaking and I am completely overwhelmed. I know all of these things are just that, Things. But when I look at all the medical bills and just how expensive it is in general to support a large family.... the one thing that could fix all of this is the one thing I don't have. Money. They say count your blessings and be grateful in all circumstances. They say it will all work out. I have done these things and sometimes it doesn't work out. We started this year debt free. We had a good amount in our savings account and a little in our Money Market. Now we have credit card debt, a car payment, because David's car died just shy of 300,00 miles, and not a dollar to our name in any savings account. I'm scared. My kids want to put up the Christmas tree. I want to hide. I can't give them anything on their lists this year. I feel like a failure of a mother. My 11 year old can see I am at the end of my rope today. He gathered up his younger brothers and sisters and turned on a Christmas movie and said that I needed some time alone. I decided to blog and get all of these feelings out of me. They say focus on the Savior and the true meaning of Christmas and that it will be the best Christmas ever. Really? I'm not so sure. When you have no money, And I mean I do not know how I will make it to the next week because I have exhausted every resource. How can you be totally grateful and happy? We have been good people and done all that we are supposed to, and it's never enough. We are losing an uphill battle. I don't know what to do. I know things don't matter, but I wonder if the people who say that have really been down to literally their last dollar.

No comments: