Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Take Time to Enjoy the View

I admit that I am a hoarder of sorts. I hoard pictures. I take pictures all the time. I don't even like erasing my memory cards, just in case something goes wrong with our computers. I haven't printed pictures as often as I should and thought of printing 10,000 pictures or doing some kind of kind of digital scrapbook overwhelms me. So I have a lot of memory cards.

But I take pictures almost daily of something because they help me. Everyday I find something that I am grateful for, that I think is cute, that I think is funny, or whatever the reason du jour may be. When I take a picture it makes me pause from whatever else is going around me. It makes me really notice my kids and the world around me. I stop and think to myself things like: I'm lucky, I'm blessed, I'm happy. When I do this, time freezes if only for a few seconds, and I realize what life is all about. (Right now the words to the song, "In My Daughter's Eyes" are going through my mind.) And those pictures I take by the dozens and hold on to get me through the tough times. Those pictures are fleeting moments of perfection where time stood still and I paid attention.

It's interesting how many of us post pictures on social media sites of only our best moments, but I get it. There's a story in between each of those pictures that plays out which many don't know of or see. Those best moments I post in pictures are what gets me through all of the trials. I remember when I look through all those pictures..... it won't always be this way for good or for bad, so take a moment and remember everyday that there is always something to appreciate.

No comments: