

Here are a couple pictures from my cell phone (Sorry, they're not the best quality!).
Aidan was decked out in his BYU gear this week since the Cougars won their basketball game a couple of days ago! He LOVES his BYU hat right now, he even wore it to preschool today, with his Utah Jazz sweatshirt, weird combo I know, but even at 4 he loves sports! He wants to be a football player when he grows up so he can "run fast and knock people down" as he says.
Seery is all about dressing up as a princess. So the other day she put on her new princess jewelry. I watched her try to put on the necklace (she HAS to do everything herself) and it took her a while to actually fasten the clasp. Each time she failed she would say, "It's ok, I will try again. I want to do it myself." and always refused my help. Within a few minutes she fastened the necklace around her neck all by herself.
Seery was so determined and patient to put on this necklace that she taught me a lesson in the process. No matter how many times we feel like we are stagnant in life or even failing at the task at hand, if we keep trying we will succeed. Patience and self confidence really do go a long way in life and pay off in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment