Friday, February 15, 2008

A Night of Luxury

We had a fabulous Valentine's Day. I would say that is was the best we have ever had. My cute husband planned a wonderful night that amazingly.... went according to plan! We went to the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City. We had never been there before and had no idea what to expect. All I have to say is: Beautiful. We had dinner in their restaurant, The Garden Cafe. As soon as we walked in we smelled flowers everywhere. I have never seen such large fresh floral arrangements around a room with small arrangements on every table as well. The menu was set, which was good because we ate things we probably would not have tried. We had a duck appetizer, which was my favorite. The salad was almost too pretty to eat, with cucumbers cut so thinly and wrapped around each other to make a bowl for the salad with edible flowers. David had the best filet mignon ever and I of course (like always) had the chicken. Dessert was to die for! You could have whatever you wanted: Bananas Foster, Creme Brule, an assortment of cakes and pastries, and my favorite: the chocolate fondue fountain with fruit and cake to dip.

After dinner we had a couple's massage in their spa. I have never seen a spa like this! We were given robes and sandals to wear. When we got into our treatment room we were given champagne glasses with Pellegrino and a berry tonic with hand made chocolates that were not only yummy, but almost too pretty to eat. They gave us time to relax in big arm chairs before the massage. And we were given a tray of aromatherapy bottles to choose our scent(s).The massage was the best I have ever had. The table moved so you were always at the right angle for perfect comfort. They ended the massage with hot towels on our feet and hands. The therapists gave us a gift as we left the treatment room. Then we went back to the locker rooms, which are gorgeous and filled with everything you can imagine. We were able to go in the sauna and steam rooms. And then finish off with a shower surrounded by marble. Of course they had it all, so no need to bring anything--they even had mouth wash, Q-tips, hair dryers, combs, lotion, you name it. Needless to say we left the Grand America feeling truly grand and very relaxed.

I highly recommend this to anyone. Everyone deserves a little perfection in their lives and a night of pure luxury. I am so grateful that David planned everything last night! I also want to send a huge thanks out to my mom, who watched the kids last night, for without that, last night would not have been possible! The kids had a great time with their Granny. Pizza and 2 movies I was gleefully told this morning! It does not get better than that for them.

No comments: