Friday, February 29, 2008

Sesame Street...Here We Come!






(Cell phone pictures again...I never remember to bring the digital camera anywhere!)

I took the kids to the Gateway Discovery Children's Museum last Saturday. We had not been there for months, so this was very exciting for the kids to escape for the day from home. Sesame Street has an exhibit there now. The first two pictures of the kids are at the Sesame Street doors. The exhibit is there to teach children about their bodies, what they are composed of and how they function. Everything is "hands on" of course and they loved it! Seery, you can see is at the sink learning about hygiene. Aidan is in a wheelchair racing a course with another kid running, and another rowing. Needless to say our competitive Kipp boy won the race which gave him his moment of glory, and also taught him a lesson about disabilities. The kids lounged in Elmo's World and served up fabulous pretend healthy meals at Hooper's Store. I highly recommend taking children to this museum. Aidan enjoyed dressing up as a fireman for the day and Seery loved the water play. By far it was our best spent Winter day this season!

1 comment:

Not quite the Bradys said...

That sounds like so much fun! I didn't know the Gateway had a children's museum. We should go this summer.