So, I have not posted anything in the last week because of my "oh so lovely" experience with the dentist last week. Actually, the day before that I saw my surgeon, another follow-up visit, to check the progress from last year's jaw surgery. Sad to report that it seems that the tissue in my jaw has thinned, and it appears that bone loss is occurring and I will have more surgery. The next day I saw my dentist to get a crown for a back molar. Unfortunately, more decay was underneath the old filling, and my tooth was severely infected. They kept saying "How were you living with this pain?". Since my jaw injury, I am always in pain, and couldn't tell the difference with anything new. So I had an emergency root canal that took 2 days to do because they couldn't get the tooth to stop bleeding. The worst root canal possible since I have 4 canals going into that tooth instead of 3. Yuck! Then they hand me the bill for over $2000 and I want to hurl. Can't decide what's worse... the root canal or the bill? So last week was not fun, but the antibiotics have kicked in and I feel a lot better. I laugh because I didn't realize how much the tooth hurt until it felt better!
St. Patrick's Day was so fun. We had our big traditional Irish dinner with family the day before since everyone was working on Monday night. Aidan went to school on St. Paddy's Day and was was so happy when I picked him up. He told me that a leprechaun had come to his classroom to bring the kids gold chocolate coins, but that he was very sneaky and fast so they didn't even see him come in the classroom to deliver the chocolate treats! I LOVE this age! They are old enough to understand what's going on and young enough to believe everything you tell them.
I took the kids shopping for David's presents and everything went pretty well. At least it was going fine until we got to Kohl's. Our little Seery is too grown up for 2. I finally gave in and said I would buy her Hannah Montana nightgown. She loves Hannah. She sings and dances to "Nobody's Perfect" like you wouldn't believe. Anyways, we got to the shoe department to buy Aidan new shoes to go with his Easter outfit. Seery was right next to us. I look for the box that is Aidan's size. I look back and Seery is gone. We frantically call her name and look through all the aisles of shoes. She isn't there. I'm thinking, how far could she have gone, she's 2. I tell a cashier I can't find her. "Code Yellow" is called for the store and it is now in lock down, no one can come in or out of the store. (I was very impressed with their protocol.) They tell me to stay there at the front, not to look for her so they can find me. 30 seconds later there comes Seery around the corner. I run to her, pick her up, tell her I'm glad she's here, I was worried I couldn't find her, etc. She is totally unfazed by the situation, has no idea why I am totally panicked. You know what she says?? She "needed a necklace mommy to match my nightgown so I can be sparkly Hannah Montana"! She went to the jewelry section for a necklace that really matched the nightgown! Again, she's 2! Oh my! We have our hands full! (She even asks me to curl her hair, and to repaint her finger nails when they have chipped, she hates it when her nails are "messed up". )
David turned 28 on Tuesday. We brought him breakfast in bed and let him sleep in a little. He went to a really nice salon for a hair cut and scalp massage. And it really was worth the extra money, his hair does look cool. The 4 of us went out for lunch and then saw "Horton Hears a Who". So cute, take your kids! We met up with friends and family for dinner at the Golden Corral, great place for those kids that are picky eaters since there is such a variety. And then some family came over for cake and presents, with a game of Risk that lasted until after midnight. He had a fun day. And this week has been heaven compared to last week!
Boys’ Valentine Idea & Printable
7 years ago
4 comments:
So sorry to hear you were in such pain. I hope it gets better. Do you have periodontal disease? My mom has it and they told me at my last visit that I am showing early signs! Very frustrating. I had a similar Kohl's experience, the day after Thanksgiving! Scary, huh? I'm so glad that your little glam girl was okay. They are so much fun, huh? I wish my Malia would let me paint her nails. How fun!
Sounds like a crazy week! Hope everything works out with your surgery. When do you have to get it? No fun!!! Do you remember Britta Bigler from Liberty Square? I just ran into her last week! Crazy small world!
Wow, what a week. I don't know which section to respond to first. I can't believe the dentist experience. My mom has always said she would rather give birth than go to the dentist. After your experience, I would think the same thing. and the money!!!
Losing your kids is the worst!! I think every one has had that experience. And I totally love that they have no clue to the panic that you feel.
What a birthday for your hubby!!
Elise, I love the way you write! I'm sorry you had to go through that. :( Pain = no fun. You're quite a trooper!
Post a Comment