Tuesday, May 20, 2008

3 Generation Vacation

"I'm ready for the pool now!" She kept saying my outfit is "Serious"


Why yes I would like to leave my "pretty" in my hair while I swim


Room Service for 4!


Seery relaxing while burning the midnight oil!

This past weekend was the "Father & Sons" Camp out at Utah Lake. (I will have David post about this later.) So while the boys were away the girls decided to play! Seery and I went to the Hilton in Salt Lake City along with my mom and sister, Kristin. It was such a beautiful hotel. We had dinner at the Olive Garden next door. And as soon as we got back to the hotel we hit the pool and spa for a couple of hours. Seery was even comfortable enough jumping into the pool once she realized that I would catch her each and every time. Then we got back to the room and ordered room service. Oh yes, yummy desserts brought right to us. Seery stayed up until about midnight, amazingly. She fell asleep after we ordered a movie. She was loving that she could snack on her favorite things while perched upon a big bed. The next morning I was the first one up, David started calling at 5:30 am, because Aidan of course was up at first light! Seery slept all the way until 9 am, and when she did wake up she was so confused, she felt rested but could not figure out why it was still so dark... you know how those hotel curtains are, you never know what time it is. I laughed and had to pull back the curtains and show her it really was morning. We walked across the street to a cafe for breakfast. And then of course hit the pool again for a few more hours. The best part about the Hilton was the late check-out time of 2 pm! What hotel does that? Seery fell asleep as we drove up Emigration Canyon for a late lunch. We went to Ruth's Diner which has been around at least since the 1930's even Betty Crocker ate there and complimented Ruth's cooking. If you haven't been this place needs to be on your list. We ate outdoors and had the most leisurely lunch. Not to mention I never get my mom all to myself. With Seery asleep still in her stroller we had a wonderful conversation. I am so grateful for our time spent as 3 generations of women.

2 comments:

motivated said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! Yeah, I've never heard of 2pm as a checkout time- it's always MUCH earlier than that!

Tiercy said...

What a great opportunity for you! Such a fun night!