Saturday, May 24, 2008

Say What?

On Friday I took the kids to the mall for a play date with another little girl. After the dinosaur play land area, a carousel ride, a treat from Mrs. Field's, shopping at Sanrio (Aidan was thrilled with that!), and letting us moms catch up, it was time to go. We had to walk through a department store to get to where our car was parked. And of course they had an amazing Memorial Day Sale so we had to shop a little more. The kids picked out new church shoes and sandals. They had Nike sandals on sale for $10 instead of $26, that's cheaper than most any other brand! I was excited, Nike has always been top notch in my book. So, we are waiting in line to make our purchase when Aidan suddenly shouts,
"Mom! I don't want these! I want Skechers! You never buy me Skechers!"
I'm thinking, "Ummm, hold on, did my 4 year old son just complain about his mother buying him Nikes?! He has a brand preference already? Nikes are still cool right?" (As everyone in line turns to look at us. I just cheerfully smile, shrug, and say, "You can never win!" And they all smile and laugh. The boy doesn't even realize does he?

4 comments:

Tiercy said...

This is a darling story. It's great that you're documenting these because our memories are alot more faulty than we give them credit for.

By the way, I said Hi to Aiden at church today and he gave me the cutest smile ever.

motivated said...

Remember when Payless used to have Pro-Wings? LOL :) Yeah, I *think* Nike's are still in- or maybe we're getting too old? LOL I can't believe that he already has a preference for certain brands! I guess that's good marketing, lol!

La Familia Mata said...

Too funny. Never a dull moment with kids, huh?

Scanlon Family said...

You always find the best deals. I swear, they migrate to you.