Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Success!

Today was the day we have dreaded since mid September. The kids had to go back to the dentist. Seery had 1 cavity and Aidan had 3. Crazy since I am a stickler for flossing everyday. Plus they have seen a dentist since they had their very first tooth! The theory is, according to the dentist, that early babies often times have calcification and enamel problems. So good thing I am so fanatic about dental health, I can't imagine how bad their teeth could be otherwise. David and I both went. We opted to have them take oral conscious sedation medication with nitrous oxide. Seery's was fast acting so she went first. She put on the headphones to watch a movie and laid there very still. Her one filling was done in no time, and she left feeling like she had "princess teeth". Aidan was up next. I was most worried about him after last year. But what a difference a year makes! He was great! He watched his movie and was completely still. Every couple of minutes he would give the "thumbs up" sign to me and wave to the dentist. I was so impressed as was the dentist who thought he was a "cute kid". They both crashed in the car. The medicine stays in their system for a day. So when they woke up it was a movie day which of course is so exciting and such a treat. And it kept them still, they were a little loopy and off balance for the rest of the day. If you want a great pediatric dentist, and trust me we have looked and been to more than one, I HIGHLY recommend Southridge Pediatric Dentistry in South Jordan.

3 comments:

Kayla, Eric and Addison said...

Good to know. I will have to look into him. I am not a fan of dentists so I want a good pediatric one for Addison. Thanks for the info!

Tiercy said...

Yahoo for a great dentist experience!! My mom has always said she would rather give birtth than go to the dentist.

tyler had one cavity last year and he still doesn't realize that he had to have a shot in his mouth!

motivated said...

I'm so glad it went well! You are saving yourself LOTS of money by getting them in good oral hygiene habits now. It's so sad when I see little kids with all their teeth rotted out. :( And I do mean ALL of them.

I just gave you an "I love your blog" award/one-word tag. See my blog for details. :)