Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Children's Classic

One of our favorite children's books


Aidan's painting of Brown Bear from the Eric Carle book.


Have you read the Eric Carle books to your children? We have read them all. My sister-in-law gave me "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" for a baby shower present when I was pregnant with Aidan. I have been in love with his books ever since, and so have our kids. The illustrations are beautiful and vibrant. "Brown Bear..." has always been one of Aidan's favorite stories. This past Monday, September 29, Aidan painted a picture of brown bear. Isn't it great?! He is so artistic! I love that my kids love art, that they love to create things, and that they use their imagination. I mean it's bound to be in their genes with all the Humanities classes I took at BYU, and my passion for art and going to museums. Not to mention their Dad's amazing talent when it comes to drawing. Seriously though, his brush stokes in this painting are flawless for a 4 year old. Just had to share his latest masterpiece with you!

4 comments:

Luella Downs said...

Hi there! This is Luella, Abbie's sister. So fun to see your life and to catch up with David Kipp. I love Eric, his older brother, and of course love Bro and Sis Kipp, just like another mom and dad to me. Your family is gorgeous. Love blogging, what a great way to stay in touch!
Lue

Tiercy said...

Seriously, I was looking around to see if you posted his picture in the wrong spot! I can not believe that is his picture. It is amazing; and I would just be happy to something half that well at my age.

motivated said...

I didn't know Dave was artistic! And yes, that is an AMAZING picture Aidan drew! That's awesome!

Gentrey said...

I know I already told you how amazed I am by Aidan's painting, but, WOW!!! You may have a little artist prodigy on your hands.